Covering topics such as Compassion Fatigue, Burnout Prevention, Resilience, Stress Management, and Conflict Resolution, I approach every mental health education training as an opportunity to make a lasting and positive difference in the lives of the people in the audience.
Public Speaking and Wellness Training
In-Person and Virtual Training
The Importance of Soft Skills
Making these wellness training sessions successful means going farther than just giving people a list of “To-Do’s.” Fostering real success means giving people the soft skills that they will need when interacting with others, and when making healthy choices for themselves.
Many of the mental health workshops I offer are tailored toward addressing emotional, psychological, behavior, and relational wellness in the workplace and creating balance with work and home.
The seminars answer questions like:
- How do I deal with difficult people in the workplace?
- How does stress impact my performance in the workplace?
- How do I deal with balancing my personal life and the stress of work?
- How can I avoid burning out?
- How can I be empathetic to others, without giving too much of myself?
Previous Trainings have Included:
- Burning up while burning out – compassion fatigue awareness & burnout prevention for healthcare workers. (2020, February) University of Michigan, Orthotics and Prosthetics, Ann Arbor, MI. Baumgarten, H.
- Critical workplace incidents: from adversity to resilience. (2020, January) Compliance IQ, ProForte, Inc., Menlo Park, CA (Webinar), Baumgarten, H.
- Burning up while burning out – compassion fatigue awareness & burnout prevention for practitioners. European Respiratory Society (ERS), (2019, October) International Congress, Madrid, Spain. Baumgarten, H
- Finding balance – stress management and burnout prevention. (2019, September) Community Care Network of Kansas, Topeka, KS. Baumgarten, H.
- Group inclusion and cohesion: working through adversity with resilience. (2017, July). Shwayder Camp Staff-In-Training Program, Idaho Springs, CO, Baumgarten, H.
- Burning up while burning out: how to keep your inner fire burning. (2016, October). Colorado Healthcare Association for Human Resource Management. Embassy Suites, Loveland, CO, Baumgarten, H.
- Professional integration: differentiation and linkage in the workplace. (2015, July). Great Plains Regional Youth Treatment Center, Mobridge, SD. Baumgarten, H.
- Affordable Care Act: what mental health clinicians need to know. (2013, December). Live webcast, Lakewood, CO. Baumgarten, H.
- Burning up while burning out – compassion fatigue awareness & burnout prevention for practitioners. (2018, July) Mentor Health, NetZealous LLC, Fremont, CA (Webinar). Baumgarten, H.
- Adapting to change: resilience and teamwork for staff in training. (2017, June). Shwayder Camp Staff-In-Training Program, Idaho Springs, CO, Baumgarten, H.
- Attention deficit disorder and autism spectrum disorder in the camp setting. (2017, June). Shwayder Camp Staff Training, Idaho Springs, CO, Baumgarten, H.
- Mandatory child abuse reporting in Colorado. (2017, June) Shwayder Camp Staff Training, Idaho Springs, CO. Baumgarten, H.